A close examination and discussion of primary prevention models applied to elder abuse, neglect and exploitation. The goal is to more closely identify and associate these prevention strategies with the language we use to talk about this issue. Much work has been done to understand domestic violence, while less policy and research attention is focused on older victims in a preventative context.
- Marit Anne Peterson, JD, Program Director, Minnesota Elder Justice Center
- Sean Burke, JD, Policy Director, Minnesota Elder Justice Center
- Kathryn Behrens, MPH, Prevention and Outreach Coordinator, Minnesota Elder Justice Center
- Describe the use of chiropractic care and its potential role in supporting the health of older adults and caregivers;
- Discuss the unique role that chiropractors play in improving physical function and wellbeing through non-pharmacological means;
- Identify common conditions and considerations of chiropractic care for geriatric patients.