MGS ANNOUNCES SPRING – SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIP:
SOCIAL MEDIA + NETWORKING COORDINATOR
Application Deadline: 12 noon on December 7, 2020
Complete and submit the ONLINE APPLICATION by December 7.
Download this Announcement: MGS Internship Announcement – 2021
It is crucial for the Minnesota Gerontological Society (MGS) to maintain a robust social media presence and to share the power of our amazing network with emerging leaders in the field. For the first time, during the 2021 Spring and Summer semesters, MGS is offering up to two internships to take the lead on assuring dynamic content is presented across our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn platforms.
Receive valued professional experience as you take charge of our social media accounts, access resources (like Canva and 1-on-1 biweekly coaching sessions), interact with a world-class network of leaders in the field of aging, receive invitations to members-only meetings, and participate in the MGS April virtual conference.
Stipend = $100 per month (January – July 2021).
This internship can be credit or non-credit. You must coordinate with your faculty supervisor if seeking credit.
The Minnesota Gerontological Society (MGS), established in 1976, is a non-profit membership organization whose mission is to bridge research and practice in the field of aging, with emphasis on developing and supporting tomorrow’s leaders. The work of MGS is to provide educational and professional development for practitioners, students, educators, researchers, and others to enhance services for Minnesota’s aging population.
- Current enrollment in a gerontology or an aging-related field at a Minnesota University.
- A strong interest in, and familiarity with, social media platforms and posting logistics.
- Ability to research and create original content using an established brand voice and style.
- Capacity to prepare regular dashboard reports showing impact.
- Openness and flexibility to connect with a project coach for bi-weekly check-ins.
- Create and post weekly on all MGS social media platforms (January – July).
- Contribute to a five-month content calendar for use by MGS (August – December).
- Select meetings to attend that deepen an understanding of aging and MGS.
- Assess social media strategy and activities, recommending improvements as needed.
- Participate in biweekly check-ins with a professional coach (provided).
- Prepare dashboard reports showing growth and impact.
If interested in receiving class credit… additional weekly hours will be negotiated
- Conduct a research project (topic TBD) on a selected MGS scope of work.
Complete and submit this ONLINE APPLICATION by 12 noon on December 7, 2020.
All candidates will receive a confirmation and weekly updates on the process.