ACT on Alzheimer’s – A Model for Transforming Dementia Awareness and Support in Communities
with Michelle Barclay, MA, Executive Co-Lead of ACT on Alzheimer’s
This webinar will capture the evolution of ACT on Alzheimer’s in seeking large-scale social change and community capacity-building to prepare Minnesota for the impact of Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
- Best-practice educational curriculum and practice tools for clinicians and community-based providers
- Dementia-capable toolkit process for communities striving to become dementia friendly
- Ongoing work to fully integrate resources that foster improved detection, quality care, and support for the person with the disease and caregivers
- Evolving work to focus on health disparity related to dementia care
- National replication and dissemination underway
Michelle Barclay, MA, Executive Co-Lead of ACT on Alzheimer’s, a volunteer-driven, statewide collaborative preparing Minnesota for the impacts of Alzheimer’s disease
Michelle is also the President and Co-Founder of The Barclay Group, LLC. Michelle has over 25 years of experience working with people with dementia and their care partners as a researcher, consultant, educator, and program planner. Her areas of expertise include timely detection, early intervention and improving health care quality for people with dementia.